Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship & Livelihood (SDEL), is organizing Bengaluru Skills 2019. The Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship & Livelihood was established in the year 2016 by carving out the skill development component which was scattered across different departments. The department is headed by Secretary to Government Dr. S. Selvakumar, a senior IAS officer. The department oversees the implementation of several skill development programmes funded by both Government of Karnataka and Government of India like Chief Minister's Kaushalya Karnataka Yojane (CMKKY), National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), and National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM).The Department overseas both Short term skill training programmes under Chief Minister's Kaushalya Karnataka Yojane (CCMKKY) & Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) as well as long term skill training programmes under Industrial Training Institute (ITI's) as well as skill-specific state of the art training institutions like Government Tool Room and Training Centre (GTTC) & Karnataka German Technical Training Institute (KGTTI).It is also administrative centre of a development of entrepreneurship-Centre for Entrepreneurship Development of Karnataka (CEDOK). It is one of the few dedicated departments for skill development in India.
The department is headed by Secretary by Dr. Selvakumar IAS.
The team of senior officers in SDEL is as follows:
1) K P Mohan Raj, IAS, – Commissioner Department of Employment and Training
2) Vijayavasee Reddy Jyothsna, IAS, – Director Skill Mission
3) Raghavendra H, IRPS – Managing Director - Karnataka Vocational Training & Skill Development Corporation ltd
4) Ashwin Gowda, IRS – Commissioner - Entrepreneurship & Livelihood
5) Mamtha Gowda, IAS – Mission Director - National Rural Livelihood Mission
6) Arundathi Chandrashekar, IAS National Urban Livelihood Mission